Hiring: SEO Manager
If you hate 90% of the websites you see, this is the role for you.
We are looking for a talented, passionate SEO Manager to join our small team of experts at Flywheel. If you’re the right person, you understand the principles behind both user-centric design and good search practices, and how much opportunity is there for companies that create their website with both of those in mind. You’ll be responsible for managing SEO projects, which can include on-page technical analysis, keyword research & implementation, content strategy, client management, and (possibly) some front-end web development.
This is a full-time remote position. You’ll get to work with clients across a wide variety of industries with a focus on digital-first brands. That means primarily eCommerce, SaaS, and online education companies.
The right person has experience in the following:
- Keyword Research + Implementation
- Technical SEO
- Link Building
- Content Strategy
- User Experience Analysis
- Google Analytics
- CMS management: WordPress, Squarespace, Shopify
- Project Management skills
- Client Management
- General marketing and/or web optimization strategy
- Bonus points for eCommerce experience, Design expertise (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc), or advanced web development experience.
Here’s what makes someone great for this role:
- You know that SEO isn’t a one time task and you can use a variety of tactics to drive long-term, sustainable growth.
- You can manage yourself – that means you’re driven, have strong attention to detail, understand time management and thrive when working independently in a remote environment.
- You are a highly capable communicator, able to coordinate effectively with the leadership team, direct reports, clients, and contractors.
- You like managing projects and feel most comfortable when all work has clear timelines and accountabilities.
- You’re entrepreneurial – you’ve had your own website, side project, or business
We’re looking for someone who is excited to learn and if you don’t have experience in everything on this list we’d still love to hear from you! Want to stand out from the rest of the applicants? Email people (at) flywheel.digital to submit your resume, introducing yourself and providing a brief explanation of why you are interested in this position or why you think you’d be great for the role.
We’ll be even more intrigued to meet you if you include some of your work that you’re particularly proud of, and explain the strategy and / or results that were achieved! Due to volume, we’re not able to contact everyone who applies. However, all applications will be considered for future opportunities.
We are a boutique, Vancouver-based technical marketing agency. Engineers use mechanical flywheels to create consistent energy outputs. We use a digital flywheel to create consistent business outcomes. By leveraging our expertise in growth, optimization, and analytics, we create marketing systems that are self-reinforcing. We operate how we feel a modern organization should, meaning we value flexible work schedules and personal growth. We believe great work is driven by diverse perspectives and we take an inclusive approach to our workplace environment and hiring practices.